Ah, cheeseboards. Arguably the most photogenic of meals, a true show of indulgence and a proper team-eating experience. Cheeseboards can be the best part of a meal, if done right (or a real disappointment if not!)
Here’s how to build a heavenly cheeseboard…
- Minimum of 2 great cheeses
- 1 firm or semi-firm, such as Comte, Beaufort, or a mature cheddar.
- 1 soft, such as Brie, Camembert, or a goat cheese.
- 1 / 2 cured meats
- For those on a budget go with something like salami or parma ham, which will weigh in at a lower price point.
- For those looking for a more indulgent cheeseboard add some Breasola or Mortadella for a taste sensation!
- Assorted nuts
- Pistachios, cashews, peanuts. Adding the sweetness and texture of nuts will complement salty, cured meats or strong cheeses.
- Assorted fruits
- Pick something in season that adds color and volume to the spread, like bunches of red and/or green grapes, figs, pomegranates or summer fruits like berries. The freshness of juicy fruits will cleanse your palate so you can keep enjoying the flavours of your heavenly cheeseboard.
- Extra nibbles
- To really make your cheeseboard pop, add some Greek olives, gherkins, pickled onions or stuffed vine leaves if you’re feeling particularly impressive!